MAN301 – MUSIC ARCHIVE NETWORK PLAYER
The MAN301 is a system for music archiving, music library maintenance, music playback, CD playback & ripping, Internet radio streaming and more.
The MAN301 comes in two versions, the “DAC” version includes a D/A Converter (the MAN301DAC), the “SERVER” version has digital outputs only for connecting an external D/A Converter (the MAN301SERVER). The SERVER version can be user upgraded to the DAC version at any time.
A complete MAN301 system consists of:
- The MAN301 Base Station as pictured below
- An external NAS (Network Attached Storage) device, typically a harddisk or an array of harddisks. This allows for virtually unlimited storage space for music files.
- An iPad device with the Weiss app for remote control of the Base Station.
- A means of accessing the Internet by the Base Station for fetching CD cover art and CD metadata.
- External music storage on a NAS (Network Attached Storage) device or USB device
- multiple NAS units can be added to the library for unlimited storage
- remote control via an Apple iPad, no keyboard, mouse, monitor required
- digital inputs for external audio sources: AES/EBU or S/PDIF on XLR, RCA, TOSLINK
- digital outputs to external D/A Converters: AES/EBU on XLR and RCA, FireWire, USB
- DAC Version: Analog outputs on XLR and RCA – technical better than our renowned DAC202 unit
- wordclock input and output on BNC for synchronization
- Ethernet for connecting to NAS, local network
- WiFi antenna for connecting to iPad, local network
- typical setups: 1) MAN301 connected directly to the NAS and iPad, in addition (optionally) to the in-house WiFi for Internet access. 2) MAN301, NAS, iPad connected to a WiFi Router.
- multiple MAN301 devices can be controlled from within a single iPad
- multiple users per MAN301 device are supported, each with his/her own music library, playlists, searches etc.
- all common audio file formats (uncompressed, lossless compressed, lossy compressed) are supported for playback and ripping
- music library displayed according to album names, artist names, genres, recently played, recently added
- powerful search facility, allows to store searches which result in dynamic playlists
- playlists are easily added, edited and can be set safe
- volume control in 4 coarse analog steps and with a high resolution, dithered digital fader
- powerful cover art search algorithm which allows the user to select the most appropriate cover art out of an intelligent pre-selection
- CD metadata fetching from various databases
- comprehensive user interface on iPad, easily to be handled even by computer novices
- software upgradeable via Internet
- internet radio streaming
- future software upgrades will include various DSP facilities