MAN301 V1.0.7 works with Apple Time Capsule in WiFi uplink. All users should beware that MAN301 has its own WiFi Network, and there is one ethernet connection to plug in router or NAS. If the ethernet connection is plug to NAS directly without a router, MAN301 will not able to get online internet information. WiFi uplink makes MAN301 connects to an existing WiFi network at home like a laptop.
Here are step by step method to setup MAN301 WiFi Uplink.
1) Switch On MAN301 without ethernet cable connected to router/switch.
2) Go To Preference
3) Enter Admin Password “wh10admin”
4) Go To Network
5) Turn WiFi Uplink “ON”
6) Wait…..Wait…..until it shows Wireless Uplink Enable “ON”
7) Wireless Uplink SSID “Scan…” and select the Time Capsule wifi network
8) MAN301 IP should be 192.168.166.xxx and DNS should be “18.104.22.168″, this means DHCP Server is turn on.
Reboot MAN301, now it should be WiFi uplinked.
Insert a CD, and see if it will find the album metadata or just fetch the album artwork on existing album.
Some new findings:
- MAN301 is wifi uplink through the TC wifi (MAN301 can goes online to check metadata/album artwork/internal radio)
- iPad login to MAN301wifi **CANNOT** go online such as email/safari etc. It can only control the MAN301.
- Change the iPad login to the TC wifi and you can still control the MAN301 (because they are wifi connected) and iPad can goes to internet (e.g. email and others)
- TC or USB connected to TC can be mounted as NAS under MAN301 Storage wirelessly.
- MAN301 can stream music through TC wirelessly.
- MAN301 can playback music even without a USB HD or NAS attached, but just wifi streaming from the uplinked TC.
Wifi speed is rather unstable compares to cable connected, so 24/96 or 24/192 may be difficult depends on the signal strength, however 16/44.1kHz should be okay. I just want to explain the possibility connection method with MAN301. And confirmed the V1.0.7 works as wifi uplink, but recommend with TC.