Today we are very happy to announce the Weiss MAN301 has reached its golden software version.
We have spent last 20 hours trying all the new features, and it is recommended for all MAN301 users to update both iPad App and Server software. First of all,
- Log off MAN301 server or preamp mode if you are using it.
- Switch OFF auto user login (if you have ever switched it ON under Preference).
- Update iPad app from Apple app store
- Launch MAN301 iPad app, it will guide you to update the MAN301 software V1.0.4
- After software update, the “Reboot” button now works and will reboot the MAN OS.
- Medialibrary sanity check & recovery
- Permanent DAS mount support
- HFS+ mount support
- iPad/iPhone/iPod mount support
- CDDB info in CD Playlist
- System status messages
- Various major bug fixes
First of all, the new software has rewritten audio playback engine that changed the interrupt distribution across the CPU cores. Audio playback is in the highest protected priority. We have real life testing by playing 24bit/192kHz AIFFs while CD ripping.
V1.0.4 allows user close the iPad cover (sleep) and get back to library view instantly, up to 10 mins. This is a great improvements as it was taken two clicks everytime the iPad is closed.
CD Ripping is much robust with good metadata structure and artwork storage.
CD direct playback has now metadata matched with the CD ripping. It looks soooo much better, especially with PlayView Mode like following screenshot.
Album artwork online fetching has been modify to find much more accurate result(s) from Google image.
You can find from following URL addresses for internet radio we listen most of the time.
- Our favourite one is Smooth Jazz radio which we playback daily at office.
- Type this under URL: -> http://184.108.40.206:8052