- Independent parameter control in the two channels
- M/S mode selectable
- Sidechain link on / off switchable
- Peak / RMS sidechain processing
- 24 Bit POW-R dithering
Price for the upgrade (two user installable chips): HKD$4000
Users of the standard DS1 model (i.e. not the MK2) can upgrade by swapping the DSP board of their DS1 for a new one. This can easily be done by the customer.
1) Before the upgrade
2) Weiss provides a very nice tool for removing the existing chipsets
3) The MK2->MK3 upgrade chipsets
4) Open the box and see the AD Sharc DSPs
5) Replace the IC201 / IC202
6) Upgrade finished Now the software is DSP Code & OS Version V3.0
I still have not dig very deep into this unit, however I NEVER experience such transparent M/S compression! I did have several best M/S compressors and encoder/decoder on hand. I especially like to see the L/R individual input/output meters!!
More review will come soon.